Giving You Access to the Best Doctors Worldwide
It doesn’t matter what questions we might have about our health, ultimately we all want the same answer. The right one!
So how can you be sure you’re getting the right answers? What if you don’t live near a specialist medical centre? Who do you turn to if your regular doctor is out of their depth?
Finding the Answers to Your Questions
As a Midas Financial Planning client, if you take out MLC Critical Illness Insurance with us, you can access the best medical minds in the world through the Best Doctors services. Even better, there is no charge for the Best Doctors service.
Best Doctors provide online medical advice* for non-emergency medical questions, which will be answered within 48 hours by one of their carefully selected panel of Australian doctors.
* Information provided by Doctor Online is educational and cannot be considered as diagnostic or therapeutic. It provides you with an additional and valued channel of general information that will enable you to better understand your health concerns.
If you or a family member is diagnosed with a serious medical condition, InterConsultation™ gives you the reassurance you seek with access to world-leading specialists for a second opinion, without having to leave the comfort of your home.
Best Doctors will gather all your existing medical information and forward these to a leading medical specialist up-to-date with the latest information relating to your specific condition. Once the specialist has reviewed your medical records they will send you a report addressing your concerns, which will also be sent to your treating doctor or specialist at your request.
You’ll also be assigned a Personal Care Manager to keep you informed throughout this process and listen to any concerns you may have.
After your InterConsultation™, you may feel your best option is to seek treatment from one of the specialists identified by Best Doctors. If the specialist you wish to see is outside of Australia, Best Doctors will help you:
- coordinate all the information your medical specialists will require;
- ensure your medical priorities are being met with ongoing monitoring of your treatment process;
- manage the hospital admittance process and any medical appointments;
- arrange your travel, accommodation and reservation details;
- provide ongoing support and information to keep you and your family up-to-date during the treatment process.
While Best Doctors can help you access the very best medical care in the world, you’ll still need to cover the costs of medical treatment, travel, accommodation and any other associated expenses.
Best Doctors have an extensive library of detailed, full colour 3D videos, which explain hundreds of conditions in simple, easy-to-follow terms. These educational videos also look at tests and treatments available for everything from diabetes, to smoking, to heart-disease.
Making the Right Insurance Choices
To access Best Doctors, speak to us about taking out Critical Illness Insurance and how you and your family can be covered for any overseas expenses. We’ll talk you through your options to make sure you get access to only the very best care.